Ok let’s be serious there are at least 100 ways to tie a blanket scarf. However, not all of those are extremely simple and leave you with the ability to breathe instead of feeling like a snake is wrapped around your neck. Here is my no-fail formula for taming the beast that is the blanket scarf.
- Fold the scarf in half to get it in the shape of a triangle. If you have a rectangle scarf and not a square then just get it as close as you can.
2. Hold up the scarf in both hands, bunching up the long portion in your hands.
3. Put the scarf up to your neck like a bib and cross the long ends behind your head.
4. Bring the ends around and tie them in a half knot underneath the triangular bib part. I say a half knot because you don’t tie a full-on square knot but you just cross them over each other and leave the ends hanging down.
5. To finish things off I like to pull the scarf away from my neck and then loosen up the two layers of the triangle. If you separate the layers and move the folds around it looks less like a bib and more like a casually draped blanket scarf.