Hey everyone! All summer long we will be bringing you local’s looks at our favorite southern cities. To kick things off we invited Jennifer Houde, Owner of Augusta Twenty Clothing Boutique, to tell us the must-visit spots in her town of Greenville, SC. Augusta Twenty is one of our favorite boutiques ever! Jennifer has curated a fantastic collection of pieces from so many of our favorite designers and we love her taste! So trust us when we say she won’t lead you astray on the can’t miss spots to visit if you find yourself in Greenville this summer! You can shop the August Twenty collection online here and don’t forget to follow them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for plenty of style inspiration.
My name is Jennifer Houde, owner of Augusta Twenty, and I am a Greenville, SC native currently residing in Flat Rock, NC. I graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Microbiology, but always wanted to open my own business. I love the artistic aspect of the fashion industry, so the combination of the two seemed like a natural progression. I am inspired by the designs of Stella McCartney, Clare Waight Keller of Chloe, and Valentino. I am pretty active in my spare time and enjoy running and obstacle course racing, but I always make time for live music and local breweries.
Augusta Twenty was opened in 2002, before the designer denim movement in the Upstate. We believe in fusing current styles with the timeless. Abandon the ephemeral. Be an original.
Here are my picks of local flare in Greenville, SC:
1. We Took to the Woods– We Took to the Woods is as if entering another world. It is so enjoyable to peruse their selection of home dÃ©cor and gifts.
2. The Trappe Door– The underground atmosphere of The Trappe Door hosts the perfect ambiance for their curated dinner menu and unique house-made cocktails.
3. The Community Tap– The Community Tap is your neighborhood hangout. The owners remember their patrons by name and their beer selection and atmosphere is on point.
4. Southern Pressed Juicery– This local juice bar is one of a kind in Greenville. They offer 100% organic cold-pressed juices and healthy carryout lunches. It is a must try!
5. Methodical Coffee-Methodical is the hippest coffee shop in town. They take pride in each espresso beverage and rival any Italian barista. The vinyl records playing in the background are sure to set the mood as you drink from blue and white china.
6. Tandem Creperie-Tandem is a delicious local creperie located in Traveler’s Rest. They create both sweet and savory crepes that pair perfectly with their signature lavender mocha latte.
7. The Warehouse Theater presents Shakespeare in the Park all summer long. The shows are free to the public and have our beautiful Falls Park as the background.