Hi y’all, I’m Emily, the gal behind the fashion blog The Style Hunt. I’m a native from Savannah, currently living in the big city of Atlanta. A longtime lover of pattern mixing, red lipstick wearing and feminine details, I was mixing bright colored headbands and ribbons with my plaid Catholic School girl uniform since I can remember. I started my blog almost two years ago, as a creative outlet to share my personal style. I work in social media during the day, and moonlight as a blogger! I’m also a newbie Personal Stylist for Side By Style. Savannah has always held a special place in my heart, my closet and my stomach. Every time I am back home there are certain places I just have to make sure to get to! The local scene is incredible, and mixed with the giant spanish moss trees, you can’t get more gorgeous!
Here are some of my favorite hot spots in (my opinion) one of the most beautiful southern cities:
1. Collins Quarter: All I have to say is Channing Tatum ate here when he was filming Magic Mike XXL. Need I say more? A cafe with an Australian influence, their “brekkie” is to die for!
2. Treylor Park : A funky little joint who has a fun spin on the classics. From PB&J chicken wings, to nachos made with waffle fries, to popcorn shrimp with actual kernels of popcorn. You are sure to find something absolutely delish! Yummy cocktails too
3. Harper Boutique: SUPER cute boutique with unique pieces sure to make you feel chic. While you could spend all your time in J. Crew, and I don’t blame you…I used to work there and if you go tell them Emily says HI!, its smaller boutiques that make my heart really sing. Check out their sister store Red Clover while you’re in the shopping mode.
4. Goose Feathers Cafe: One of my favorite breakfast and lunch spots. It reminds me of Panera, but local. Delicious sandwiches, soups and their bagels are my absolute favorite!
5. The Paris Market: A cute little shop on Broughton St. (the mecca of shopping in the SAV) with unique pieces, a cute little cafe and a breathtaking home decor section. Just travel downstairs to see what I’m talking about.
6. Two Women and a Warehouse: If you’re looking to spice up your home with cute antique pieces, handpainted accessories or just love rummaging around, this is the place for you!
7. Top Deck: My favorite place to grab a glass of wine, sit outside and see the Savannah River. The views of the bridge are a major insta selfie moment y’all.
There are SO many other places but I don’t want to talk, or type, your ears off. Check out a ghost tour, get a group together to take a slow ride around the squares and don’t forget about the open container law ladies, and gents. That’s right, if you are 21 years of age and love a good cocktail, you can grab your drink to-go, in a plastic cup of course, and wander the downtown streets. Hope you have a blast in my pretty little hometown!